Grab and go foods such as these snack on a stick ideas are great for the 4th of July as most parties are super casual. From a simple star-shaped watermelon to single s’mores marshmallow skewers to red, white, and blue chocolate dipped pretzel sticks, there’s something a little sweet, salty, and partiotic for everyone at our Fourth of July celebration.
4th of July Vertical Snack Displays
I really like the look of snacks on a stick displayed vertically. For these July 4th snacks, I added uncooked brown rice into a cube vase along with a few clean seashells to resemble sand on a beach. (I don’t recommend using actual sand for this display as it’s not really food-friendly.)
Watermelon Star Skewers
This idea couldn’t be easier and it’s healthy!
1. Slice watermelon into 1/2-inch rounds
2. Stamp out stars with a 2-inch cookie cutter.
3. Insert skewers or long lollipop sticks into the stars and display them on a platter of vertically in a vase.
1. Melt a few Hershey’s chocolate bars in a small bowl in the microwave. Melt the chocolate in 10-second increments and stir until smooth. (Tip: be sure to use a warm spoon or the chocolate may sieze up and harden.)
2. Finely crush 4 graham crackers and place on a small dish.
3. Insert skewers into bottom of marshmallows.
4. Swirl marshmallows in chocolate and then dip into crushed graham crackers. Keep skewers upright until chocolate sets by putting them in the display container suggested above or by filling a plastic container with uncooked rice and inserting the end of the skewers in the rice.
Red, White, and Blue Chocolate-Dipped Pretzel Rods
1. I like to use white chocolate Candy Melts for this as white chocolate can easily sieze up. Purchase Candy Melts from a baking shop or similar section in a craft store. Melt white chocolate in a small bowl in the microwave. Melt chocolate in 10-second increments and stir until smooth. (Tip: be sure to use a warm spoon or the chocolate may sieze up and harden.)
2. Dip end of pretzel rods in the melted white chocolate and then sprinkle red, white, and blue edible sprinkles on the chocolate.
3. Allow chocolate to set on chocolat by keeping pretzels upright as suggested in Step 4 S’mores Skewers.