I made this little snowman today and snapped a shot with my new camera! Here’s how to make him:
Snowman Mashed Potatoes
Mashed potatoes (stiff)
Small and large olives
Roasted red pepper (from jar)
Chow mein noodles
1. Form mashed potatoes into the balls for the snowman’s body using your hands. Stack the snowman balls on the plate you are going to serve him on.
2. Slice a large olive round for the base of his hat and set it on the snowman’s head. Slice off the ends of a small olive for his hat and set it on the base.
3. Cut some large olives in half lengthwise. Use a straw to punch out the eyes and buttons. (Tip: after you insert the straw into the olive, blow into it to get the olive circles out.) Apply the eyes and buttons to the snowman.
4. Cut a carrot into a traingle for his nose and stick it into his head.
5. Cut a long roasted red pepper strip into a scarf for the snowman. Pat the pepper dry so it has less chance of staining the mashed potatoes red. Wrap the scarf around the snowman’s neck.
6. Insert chow mein noodles into the snowman for his arms and serve!